Do we still have one of these?* Check out these awesome objectives:
- To create an arts policy which will benefit every segment of the population citywide.
- To demonstrate its commitment to all art forms by substantially increasing its financial support of the arts.
- To nurture artists and arts organizations by creating places for their work to flourish.
- To give artists a significant voice in creating the City’s cultural plan.
- To significantly enhance the esthetic quality of its public buildings and spaces.
- To demonstrate patronage by commissioning original works of art.
- To promote the arts to the broadest possible audience.
- To support all levels of education in the arts.
- To affirmatively seek out and develop the multi-cultural contributions of the City’s diverse communities.
- To recognize and build on the City’s unique geography and its position on the Pacific Rim.
- To enhance, maintain and preserve the City’s artistic, cultural and historic heritage.
- To build on the City’s existing arts support structure.
*Too lazy to google it, not too lazy to write out the objectives.
The tempered temptation that weeps beneath the skin
obliviously passes time with the arms of taken wind
No more I see beneath the eyes of those who are taunted
Blindly gasp for reaching hands and softly spoken laughter
Timely jerked rested hour a worthy suffered pattern haunted
Another wasted tied takes the sighs of harshly distant chatter
Chicago’s highest 3 buildings all struck with lightning at the same time.
Apple download - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aspire-news/id733163167?mt=8
Android download - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.collectiveray.aspire
I’m sorry - not my usual stuff - but this is incredibly important. Please share around. It could save someone’s life.
This is cool
STREET ART AGAINST CONSUMERISM
by Los Angeles-based artist Plastic Jesus